Teri Samples is widely known in the real estate and construction industries. During the last 30 years, she has built a solid reputation as a trusted advisor and consultant to leaders in this market. She is often called upon to present educational seminars on tax and cost segregation strategies to provide agents, brokers, and owners with the information they need to best serve their clients.
Additionally, Teri has extensive knowledge regarding federal agency energy incentives including tax deductions and credits. She leads a team that includes Mueller Prost’s energy proposal partner as well as in-house engineers and tax experts, all working together to qualify both individual and company clients for grants and incentives. Teri’s experience with tax incentives for energy efficiency improvements to commercial buildings and determining if ASHRAE standards are met has distinguished her as a sought-after speaker and consultant in the field.
Teri has served in several leadership roles at Mueller Prost since joining the firm in 1994, including the Tax Committee Chairperson and her current position as Director of Real Estate and Construction Services. In this capacity, she provides business and tax consulting to individuals and organizations and manages the Real Estate and Construction Services team of professionals who perform consulting, audit, review, compilation, and tax compliance services.
Organizations & Awards
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Homebuilders Association
- Building Owners Management Association
- Allinial Global Hospitality Community of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- U.S Green Building Council (USGBS)
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Commercial Real Estate Women
- Assured Title Advisory Board
- National Kidney Foundation Advisory Board
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Missouri
- Wolters Kluwer’s CCH Tangible Property Regulations (TPR) Certificate Program
Speeches & Publications
Teri is a preferred speaker for various local and national organizations. She has also presented at a wide variety of colleges and universities for educational purposes. Please call 314.862.2070 or contact us to book Teri for your event.
- Energy Efficiency Tax Incentives
- Real Estate Tax Topics