Mike has been actively engaged in valuations of closely held companies, provided business consulting services including expert witness testimony and has been providing accounting, tax and other business advisory services since 1977 for closely held business owners. As a distinguished business advisor, he provides companies with methods and processes to improve profitability and provides valuation consulting, litigation support services and more. Mike also works directly with business owners, helping them to develop the skills and attributes needed to achieve their business and professional goals.
His industry experience includes a wide range of services with a strong emphasis on closely held businesses and professional practices. Industries include homebuilders, construction, real estate, medical and professional service firms, nursing homes, as well as other retail, manufacturing, and distribution establishments.
He performs appraisals for buy-sell agreements, estate and gift tax planning, buying and selling businesses, and equitable distribution of value in marital dissolution and shareholder dispute. He has rendered litigation support services in wrongful-death, personal injury, breach of contract, forensic discovery, marital dissolution, and various business-economic-damage cases, including lost profit analysis and business interruption.
Organizations & Awards
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- American Society of Appraisers
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Allinial Global – Former Chairman, Current Board Advisor
- Allinial Global Strategic Planning and Nomination Committees
- Leading Age Missouri
- Missouri Health Care Association
- Bridgeway Behavioral Health – Board Member
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Missouri
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) by the National Association of Valuation Analysts
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) with the American Society of Appraisers
Speeches & Publications
Mike is a preferred speaker for various local and national organizations. He has also presented at a wide variety of colleges and universities for educational purposes. Please call 314.862.2070 or contact us to book Mike for your event.
- Economic Damages and Loss Profits
- Business Valuation Updates
- Fraud & Forensics
- Tax Planning Opportunities
Red Flags: Deterring Fraud and Understanding Cybersecurity | Mueller Prost
The Realities of Fraud for Not-for-Profit Organizations | LeadingAge | 2017
Fraud Examinations and Forensic Accounting | University of Missouri, Robert J. Trulaske Sr. College of Business