As a Partner and Director of Business Services at Mueller Prost, MaryPat leads the firm’s employee benefits/ERISA and SOC specialty services. In addition to her leadership roles in the firm, she focuses on client service and is responsible for signing reports for audit, attest, and consulting engagements.
Her experience also includes risk assessment services, compliance and regulatory reporting services, internal control reporting and assessments, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. She is a licensed certified public accountant in Missouri and Illinois with more than twenty-five years of public accounting experience performing audits, reviews, compilations and other attest and non-attest services for privately held businesses, public companies, and not-for-profit organizations. She also has experience working with start-ups. MaryPat’s clients include healthcare organizations, manufacturers, financial services and lenders, service providers, commercial real-estate entities, construction companies, charitable organizations and employee benefit plans. She is experienced with audit, compliance and reporting requirements of PCAOB, GAAS, HUD, DOL, FINRA and other regulatory agencies.
Prior to joining Mueller Prost, MaryPat spent twelve years in a local public accounting firm helping to build an audit practice that focused on non-public companies and specialty niches. She was also responsible for quality control and technical compliance for the firm. MaryPat began her career at a Big 4 CPA firm in Chicago. Her career path also includes experience in a growing privately held manufacturing company and a large publicly held retail company.
Organizations & Awards
- Association of International Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Peer Review Program / Peer Reviewer
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- MSCPA Technical Issues Group
- MSCPA Information Management and Technology Assurance Committee
- Allinial Global National Employee Benefit Plan Technical Advisor Group
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Illinois State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Missouri
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)