Joel Hundelt joined Mueller Prost in 2009 in the firm’s tax department. As an ambitious partner in our tax services department, Joel works with individuals, partnerships, and corporations to assist with tax planning, tax compliance, accounting and consulting.
Joel is a member of Mueller Prost’s Manufacturing and Distribution Committee and specializes in working with manufacturing companies across the United States and beyond developing tax strategies resulting in millions of dollars of tax savings. He also leads the firm’s State and Local Income Taxation Committee working with companies across the country in tax planning and compliance in the area. Joel has experience as a tax advisor and consultant for mergers and acquisitions, working through multiple purchase/sale transactions each year performing due diligence and tax planning.
In addition to his day to day role, Joel serves on the Board of Advisors for Southern Illinois University Carbondale School of Accountancy and is a member of the St. Louis Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth and of Associated Industries of Missouri. He also represents Mueller Prost as a member of Allinial Global’s State & Local Tax Community of Practice and Manufacturing & Distribution Community of Practice.
Organizations & Awards
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), St. Louis Chapter
- Associated Industries of Missouri
- Allinial Global, State & Local Tax Community of Practice
- Allinial Global, Manufacturing & Distribution Community of Practice
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC) School of Accountancy – Board Member
- Top 100 St. Louisan To Know To Succeed in Business – St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Spring 2020
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Master of Accountancy, Specializing in Tax, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Illinois & Missouri