Doug Mueller is a leading business advisor for corporate and emerging tax issues. Doug focuses on and provides high-level tax planning and consulting for high-net worth individuals, business owners and their related businesses across a broad range of industries including; real estate, construction, technology, healthcare, professional services, and manufacturing.
An avid reader, Doug keeps clients, business associates, and Mueller Prost professionals informed on emerging tax and economic issues – providing technical interpretation and advice on implementing changes in tax law. This passion for knowledge sharing and education is evidenced by his commitment to self-learning and teaching, as well as numerous speaking engagements and lectures throughout the year to local, regional and national audiences. Doug spends significant amounts of time researching for his speaking engagements, which cover a multitude of business topics and tax issues. He further shares this knowledge internally, teaching on various topics at Mueller Prost.
As an entrepreneur, Doug is co-founder of Mueller Prost and has been providing leadership in St. Louis over the last thirty years. He has helped develop a culture and team at Mueller Prost that is dedicated to quality, technical expertise and service.
Organizations & Awards
- Association of International Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Tax Strategies Task Force for Allinial Global – Chairman
- Construction Forum St. Louis – Advisory Board Member
- Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO – Board Member
- University of Missouri, St. Louis, MO – Planned Giving Advisory Committee
- Lindenwood University’s Sibley Medallion of Honor 2016
- St. Louis Business Journal’s Who’s Who in Law and Accounting
- Small Business Monthly’s Beyond the Best
- Small Business Monthly’s Best Accountants
- Money Magazine’s Fourth Annual Tax Contest Winner
- UMSL College of Business’ Distinguished Career Achiever Award 2012
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Missouri
Speeches & Publications
Doug is a preferred speaker for various local and national organizations. He has also presented at a wide variety of colleges and universities for educational purposes. Please call 314.862.2070 or contact us to book Doug for your event.
- Tax Law Changes
- Affordable Care Act
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Exit Strategies and Succession Planning
- Real Estate Planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions