Chris has 30 years of experience working with closely held, middle-market companies and their owners. This enables Chris to deliver a diverse and substantial array of services to help businesses realize their true value. His strong interpersonal skills play a critical role in helping business owners identify and implement solutions to various challenges facing their businesses.
Over the course of his career, Chris has developed a well-rounded skill set through his involvement with financial statement audits, tax consulting, business process improvement consulting, and of course, valuation services. He has conducted valuation projects involving many different types of businesses and industries, with particular emphasis in the areas of manufacturing, distribution, ag production, financial services and healthcare. Chris uses the valuation process along with his technical, planning, and problem-solving skills to not only develop a well-supported value conclusion, but also help his clients identify and address other business factors and issues that are critical to achieving their goals.
As a valuation services professional and expert witness, Chris has made a positive difference for his clients. His strengths include his experience with mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property analysis, economic damage calculations, and estate and gift taxes. Chris is also very well-versed on the latest developments in the areas of discounts for lack of control and lack of marketability, which is crucial to the support of valuation discounts in matters involving the Internal Revenue Service.
Organizations & Awards
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- American Society of Appraisers, St. Louis Chapter – Former President
- SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Community Advisory Board
- Junior Achievement of Greater St. Louis – Board of Directors
- Best Accountants – St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Fall 2020
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Truman State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Missouri
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) with the American Society of Appraisers
Speeches & Publications
Chris is a preferred speaker for various local and national organizations. He has also presented at a wide variety of colleges and universities for educational purposes. Please call 314.862.2070 or contact us to book Chris for your event.
- Business Valuation
- Fraud & Forensics
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Intellectual Property
- Marital Dissolution
- Economic Damages
Business Valuations PLUS, Updates + Strategies | Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL) | St. Louis, MO
Navigating COVID's Impact on Real Estate Business Valuations, Appraisals and Taxes - Industry Transformations Affecting Your Business | Mueller Prost | St. Louis, MO
Mergers and Acquisitions: What's My Company Worth? Keys to Understanding Company Valuations for Buyers and Sellers | SPE Thermoforming Conference, Executive Forum | Milwaukee, WI
Tax Law Updates and Changes: What Family Law Attorneys Need to Know | Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL) | St. Louis, MO
Taxes and Tacos: Year-End Tax Planning Seminar | Mueller Prost | St. Louis, MO
Fraud’s Impact on Business Value | MOCPA 2017 Fraud and Forensic Accounting Conference | St. Louis, MO