While many local CPA firms are merging and being swallowed up by the competition, we remain independent and ready to follow our own path! Are you looking to join a stable, family friendly CPA firm that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, invests in your training, and provides you with a career that you can enjoy for a long time? We’ve got your answer: Mueller Prost.
What You’ll Do
Are you interested in joining the Tax department of an established CPA firm that is experiencing tremendous growth, values your contribution, invests in your training, and provides you with a career that you can enjoy? We have a unique growth opportunity available for an experienced Tax Senior in our St. Louis or St. Charles Missouri office.
As a Tax Senior, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in tax compliance returns such as 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, and 1120S
- Planning and projections, responding to notices and examinations, and performing federal and state research on a variety of clients and across multiple tax engagements and multiple industries we service
- Helping mentor, train, guide, and instruct Associates/Interns
- Maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
What We Seek
- Minimum of 3 years of recent Public Accounting experience in Tax working on mid to large size privately held clients
- Must be a CPA candidate with preference given to those that have the CPA credential
- Basic knowledge of tax accounting and tax law is expected
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the other information technology tools used by our firm such as CCH’s ProSystem fX and/or Engagement software packages is expected and if you have experience in these, that’s even better!
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout the year
Industries We Service
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Small Business Services
What We Offer
Your commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary plus a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family, and your future. We foster a relaxed work environment and flexible scheduling. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or watch our “Why Work at Mueller Prost” video.