While many local CPA firms are merging and being swallowed up by the competition, we remain independent and ready to follow our own path! Are you a Tax Manager looking to join a stable, family friendly CPA firm that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, invests in your training, and provides you with a career that you can enjoy for a long time? We’ve got your answer: Mueller Prost.
What You’ll Do
As a Tax Manager in our Clayton or St. Charles office, you will be providing direct oversight of multiple tax engagements dealing with a broad range of clients in various industries.
This would include but not limited to:
- Managing tax compliance on such returns as 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, and 1120S
- Planning and projections, responding to notices and examinations, and performing federal and state research on a variety of clients and across multiple tax engagements
- Actively involved in client consulting and planning throughout the year as well as preparation and review of quarterly estimates
- Client representation and communication with tax authorities
- Training, guiding, and supervising other members of the tax department
What We Seek
Our clients expect something different from us, so we are looking for an innovative dedicated team player that has a heart for client service. We seek an outstanding professional that possesses the following qualifications:
- Minimum 7+ years recent Public Accounting experience in Tax
- Must have CPA
- Strong foundation of tax accounting and tax law is expected
- Experienced tax reviewer of tax forms including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041, and related schedules and multi-state filings
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the other information technology tools used by our firm such as CCH’s ProSystem fX software and/or Engagement software packages is expected and if you have experience in these, that’s even better!
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to actively maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout the year
Industries We Service
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Small Business Services
What We Offer
Your commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary plus a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family, and your future. We foster a relaxed work environment and flexible scheduling. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or watch our “Why Work at Mueller Prost” video.