Mueller Prost is seeking a Skilled Nursing Billing Associate with Medi-Cal (state of CA) experience. As a Billing Associate, your primary responsibility will be working with our skilled nursing facility health care clients on Medi-Cal billing and collections work that has been outsourced to us. You will consult with clients on revenue cycle management, best practices, policy and procedure development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- HMO billing and billing for all coinsurance
- Posting ancillary’s, cash, refunds, etc.
- Part B therapy billing
- Comfortable navigation of Medi-Cal and all insurance websites for the state of California
- High success rate in collections for Medi-Cal, HMO, all Managed Care and private pay accounts
- Willingness to learn new skilled nursing billing software
- Reviewing any operations and/or documentation that affect A/R and making appropriate recommendations to improve compliance and/or efficiency
- Training of clients on billing procedures
WHAT WE SEEK:
- MUST have a minimum of 2 years’ experience and thorough knowledge of California Medi-Cal billing and collections in a skilled nursing setting
- Understanding of client skilled nursing clinical and billing software programs such as Point Click Care, Matrix, American Health Tech, AOD, Keane, etc.
- Understanding of every payer source including Medicare, Multi-State, Medicaid, HMO/3rd Party and Private Pay
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office package
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate diverse tasks simultaneously within stringent time frames
- Organized, efficient, proactive, detail oriented and meticulous in caring about the accuracy of the information being compiled
- Skill in reviewing, proofing, and verifying data
- Creativity to be able to determine how to ask clients the right questions, gather necessary data, and compile it.
- Project management skills to be able to manage time juggling multiple engagements
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have cooperative, flexible, pleasant attitude and be a team player, but also be a self-starter able to work independently
- Aptitude for other software programs
- Able to market the Firm’s services
ABOUT MUELLER PROST:
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm’s other great benefits by visiting our website at http://muellerprost.com.
- Best Places to Work 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Winner, St. Louis Business Journal
- Largest Accounting Firms List, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 St. Louis Business Journal
- The 2020, 2021 Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms: Midwest, Accounting Today
- Who’s Who in Law and Accounting 2015, St. Louis Business Journal
- Top 200 Fastest Growing Firms, 2008, 2019, 2020 Inside Public Accounting