WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Tax Manager in our Clayton or St. Charles office, you will be expected to independently manager engagements by providing direct oversight of multiple tax engagements dealing with a range of clients in specific related niche areas. Duties include:
- Assisting with business development by networking, presenting, writing articles, etc.
- Advanced tax planning utilizing current and new tax laws and expressed abilities including strategy planning, succession planning, and general business advising
- Active management of tax projections and estimates in line with active tax planning
- Tax return review with previous signing experience
- Training, guiding and further development of levels from associate to supervisor
- Performing technical tax research to remain a highly technical consultant
- Extensive experience with successful communication with tax authorities on client’s behalf
- Management and successful outcome rating of IRS and state notices and examinations
- Experience with business management matters including billing, collection and WIP management
- Client facing experience and responsible for managing workflow expectations and client satisfaction rating.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Minimum 7+ years recent Public Accounting experience in tax
- Must have CPA
- Strong foundation of tax accounting and tax law is expected
- Experienced tax reviewer of tax forms including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041, and related schedules and multi-state filings
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the other information technology tools used by our firm such as CCH’s ProSystem Axcess software and Engagement software packages is expected and if you have experience in these, that’s even better!
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to actively maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
- Ability to work overtime as needed throughout the year to meet client needs
- Strive to provide an inviting work environment that fosters learning
- Motivated to advance and grow oneself, the office and firm
- Responsible individual who will take initiative and ownership of the position.
INDUSTRIES WE SERVICE
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Small Business Services
ABOUT MUELLER PROST
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by visiting our website at https://muellerprost.com.
- Best Places to Work 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Winner, St. Louis Business Journal
- Largest Accounting Firms List, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, St. Louis Business Journal
- The 2020 Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms: Midwest, Accounting Today
- Who’s Who in Law and Accounting 2015, St. Louis Business Journal
- Top 200 Fastest Growing Firms, 2018, Inside Public Accounting