As you’ve now read from our previous client alerts, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has posted guidance and updates to their FAQs regarding the reporting expectations for organizations who received Provider Relief Funding in 2020.
In recent months, the guidance had indicated that the reporting system portal would open today, January 15th 2021, and providers would have until February 15th, 2021 to upload the required information. This morning the HHS announced via press release that it is amending the reporting timeline for Provider Relief Funds Program. It did not provide a new date for submissions to begin.
This decision has been made by the HHS due to the recent passage of federal legislation which adds $3.0 billion in funding to the PRF program. The HHS is working to provide updated reporting requirements that comply with this new legislation. The HHS has not yet released details about the eligibility requirements, application process, or timeline for the distribution of these additional funds.
While the new date for reporting has not been published, there are steps you can take to ready your organization for the near future reporting requirements.
- Establish a reporting account by registering at the newly enabled Provider Relief Funding Portal reporting website.
- This is a required first step for providers to fulfill their reporting requirements once the HHS announces the new deadline.
- Work to close your books for the calendar year 2020.
- The guidance available for reporting indicates that you will be required to provide quarterly and annual information in a variety of areas for both 2019 and 2020.
- Connect with Mueller Prost to learn about our HHS Usage Estimator Tool, so you can have a better grasp of PRF funds used so far, what you may be able to claim for lost revenue, and to understand the PRF funds that you can use through 06/30/2021. For more information visit the Mueller Prost website.
Mueller Prost has formed a HHS Consulting and Advisory Team and we are here to help you interpret the guidance and complete the application. To request support, please email HHSreporting@muellerprost.com.
Past Client Alerts: