The State of California Employment Training Program (ETP) has announced a COIVD-19 special pilot program to support the training needs of employers designated as “essential industries” during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ETP will give expedited priority processing for eligibility determinations and development for:
- MEC, Single Employer Small Businesses,
- NAICS industries identified as critical and essential,
- Managers and supervisors are excluded from this program,
- $30 million allocated for COVID-19 response, and
- COVID Rapid Reemployment and Retraining Pilot.
GOAL – Increase access to healthcare and food supply chain industries and all industries that are critical to reopening of the economy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Focus on New Hire training and Job Creation Retraining.
- Reimbursement is $2,000 per trainee for 4 hours of training.
- Pilot projects will be capped at $200,000 or the equivalent of 100 employees.
COVID-19 Rapid Reemployment and Retraining Pilot NAICS schedule:
These industries are considered for COVID-19 Rapid Reemployment and Retraining – remember reimbursement to the employer is $2,000 per rehired or new hire employee.
Please contact us with any questions.