local CPA firms are merging and being swallowed up by the competition, we
remain independent and ready to follow our own path! Are you a Tax Manager looking to join a stable, family friendly CPA firm that
is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution,
invests in your training, and provides you with a career that you can enjoy for
a long time? We’ve got your answer: Mueller Prost.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Tax Manager in our Clayton or St. Charles office, you will be providing direct oversight of multiple tax engagements dealing with a broad range of clients in various industries. Duties include
- Managing tax compliance on such returns as 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, and 1120S
- Planning and projections, responding to notices and examinations, and performing federal and state research on a variety of clients and across multiple tax engagements
- Actively involved in client consulting and planning throughout the year as well as preparation and review of quarterly estimates
- Client representation and communication with tax authorities
- Training, guiding, and supervising other members of the tax department
WHAT WE SEEK
Our clients expect something different from us, so we are looking for an innovative dedicated team player that has a heart for client service. We seek an outstanding professional that possesses the following qualifications:
REQUIRED & DESIRED
- Minimum 7+ years recent Public Accounting experience in Tax
- Must have CPA
- Strong foundation of tax accounting and tax law is expected
- Experienced tax reviewer of tax forms including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041, and related schedules and multi-state filings
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the other information technology tools used by our firm such as CCH’s ProSystem fX software and/or Engagement software packages is expected and if you have experience in these, that’s even better!
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to actively maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout the year
INDUSTRIES WE SERVICE
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Small Business Services
WHAT WE OFFER
Your commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary and bonus eligibility plus a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family, and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths – and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT US
Mueller Prost has grown to become a leading CPA and business advisory firm with over 35 years of dedicated service to our clients. We have over 190+ dedicated employees spread across our four-office firm.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by visiting our website at http://muellerprost.com.
- Inc 5000 - 2017 and 2018, Inc. Magazine
- Top 200 Firms - 2018, Inside Public Accounting
- Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 St. Louis Business Journal
- Best in Business – 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 St. Louis Small Business Monthly
HOW TO JOIN US
To apply, submit resume to Mueller Prost, Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
We only respond to candidates in which we have an interest.