Mueller Prost LC is seeking a Long-Term Healthcare Consulting Manager for our St. Louis, Missouri office to assist us in providing cost reporting, reimbursement consulting, and advisory services for long term care facilities, senior housing facilities, and home health and hospice agencies. Mueller Prost has grown to become one of St. Louis, Missouri’s leading CPA and business advisory firms. Our four-office, 130+ person firm has been providing over 30 years of dedicated service to our clients.
- Prepare both Skilled Nursing and Home Health and Hospice Medicaid and Medicare and Cost Reports for clients nationwide
- Perform Operational and Financial Consulting for Skilled Nursing Operations
- Assist Medicaid/Medicare Audit Process:
- Gather and Review audit documents
- Answer auditor questions
- Assist Medicaid/Medicare Appeals
- Proactively follow-up with clients about Rate Setting Audit Reports issued
- Submit appeals
- Research and compile documents needed for appeal hearing
- Attend and lead appeal hearings (both formal and informal)
- Consult on Reimbursement Challenges affecting clients
- New Project Development/Management
- Write and Issue Quarterly Newsletters/Client Alerts
- Conduct Seminars (as needed)
- Participate in Association Networking Events
- College degree in healthcare, business, finance, or accounting field preferred, although may be substituted with appropriate work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of cost reporting, reimbursement, and audit/appeal experience
- Expert Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement system
- Bookkeeping/Accounting background
- Knowledge of reimbursement systems in the following states a plus:
- CPA license is a plus
- Skilled Nursing Administrators license is a plus
- Skilled Nursing Facility or Corporate Office financial and/or operational consulting is a plus
- Knowledge of Home Health and Hospice cost reporting requirements and reimbursement is a plus
- Client relationship development experience required
- Strong analytical, research, organization, and written/verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented but also a self-starter
- Competent knowledge of computer software programs with special emphasis on MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Outlook, HFS Software, Winlash, and MS Word
- Ability to coordinate diverse tasks simultaneously within stringent time frames
- Must be detail-oriented and possess organizational skills
- Comfortable in working as a team in a small office environment
- Quick learner and open to new ideas
- Experience working on tight deadlines, and committed to working in a “busy season” environment
- Have a positive attitude
- Nominal periodic overnight travel for out-of–town engagements
What We Offer
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. Your commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary and bonus eligibility plus a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family, and your future. Overtime work including Saturdays is required primarily during the months of April and May and on an occasional basis during the rest of the year.
Want more details? We have comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with health savings account and flexible spending account for child care. 401(k) with firm provided match plus business causal dress code, and parking provided at minimal cost.
We care about our employees and we care about our neighborhoods. Our firm is very involved in the community and we actively volunteer for various charity and civic organizations. We even provide our employees with two days annually to use to volunteer at the charity of their choice.
About Mueller Prost:
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by visiting browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Best Places to Work 2015, 2016, and 2017 Winner, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Who’s Who in Law and Accounting 2015, St. Louis
- The 2015 and 2016 Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms:
Midwest, Accounting Today
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates with which we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
email@example.com (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.