Mueller Prost has grown to become one of St. Louis, Missouri’s leading CPA and business advisory firms with 30 years of dedicated service to our clients. Our Clayton office is seeking an experienced Business Services In-Charge/Senior to join our 90 person three office firm in our audit and assurance practice in the Not-for- Profit and Regulatory Services niche.
As an In-Charge, you will be handling audits including A-133, reviews, and compilations; reviewing internal controls; filing for Not-for-Profit status; and interacting with our clients. Your duties will also include planning and scheduling client engagements and helping to train, guide, and instruct lower level staff.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Minimum of 3 years recent Public Accounting experience in Audit
- True dedication and interest for the Not-for Profit and Regulatory Services environment
- Must be a CPA candidate with preference given to those that have the CPA credential
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial matters in audits, reviews, and compilations is expected
- Experience preparing tax returns for not-for-profits, partnerships, corporations and individuals is a plus
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office package is required. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the other information technology tools used by our Firm such as CCH’s Engagement software
- Strong ability to plan and organize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
Salary commensurate with experience and bonus eligible. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with flexible spending and health savings accounts. 401(k), flexible hours, and Fridays off program during the summer is also offered. Overtime work as required throughout the year and nominal periodic overnight travel for out-of-town engagements.
Our Not-For-Profit clients expect something different from us so we are looking for a dedicated team player that has a heart for service. Our firm is very involved in the community and we actively volunteer for various charity and civic organizations. Join us and see why we are not your typical CPA firm.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by visiting our website at http://muellerprost.com.
To apply, submit resume to Mueller Prost, Human Resources
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
firstname.lastname@example.org (if submitting via e-mail, please send a Microsoft Word .doc of your resume).
We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.